In now days the internet and the social media plays a huge role among the children. We can categorize these children as teenagers above 20 s. in these days we can see the teenagers are come up with the internet and the social media. But there are lots of effects through this. They are Negative effects and positive effects.
Positive effects of social media
- Contact with friends as well as meet new people.
- Social networking. (Used to discuss educational topics. Social networking is said to increase a person’s quality of life, and can reduce health risks.)
- Communicate and stay up to date with family and friends around the world.
- Find new friends and communities; network with other people who share similar interests or ambitions.
- Seek or offer emotional support during tough times.
- Find vital social connection if you live in a remote area, for example, or have limited independence, social anxiety, or are part of a marginalized group.
- Find an outlet for your creativity and self-expression.
- Discover (with care) sources of valuable information and learning
Negative effects of social media
- Cyber bullying.
- low quality relationships
- Your heavy social media use could be masking other underlying problems, such as stress, depression, or boredom
- Wasting the time
- Break the relationship such as missing the family members and friends.
- Addicted to internet
How we can use social media effectively
- Reduce time online
- Use an app to track how much time you spend on social media each day
- Don’t bring your phone or tablet to bed
- Spend more time with offline friends
Now we can see clearly there are so many good and bad sides of the social media. It is very important for us and as well as it can ruin our lives easily. If you are using social media effectively, that means that you are using an intelligent strategy that is tied to very real objectives and that strategy is carried out consistently over a long period of time.